Thursday, February 12, 2009

Light Wheat Bread

Over the weekend, I made some pretty delicious wheat bread for sandwiches. I followed smitten kitchen's recipe exactly, and I think she eloquently and thoroughly explained the procedure, so I'm just going to post up the pictures.

I'm definitely going to use this recipe again--and in bulk! Making a few loaves and freezing them for later is just as much work as making one loaf, and when you're feeling like a lazy bum you can just defrost one and, voila! Homemade bread.

Mixing the dry ingredients....



My favorite part is the kneading. It's therapeutic.



Finished product! I brushed a little melted butter on top to add some flavor.



Tony took these photos of the sliced bread---I think they're really great! I think he did it out of neccessity, he knew I wanted pictures of the bread, but he really wanted a sandwich :).




NUTELLA!



P.s. I feel a little dorky for copyrighting all my pictures, but I'd be pretty cranky if I found out that someone else thought it was good enough to use without telling me, and then they became famous while I was still stuck in grad school. Mild exaggeration, people. Hardy har har.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs