Sunday, April 12, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast




I've used this recipe multiple times now, and each time I make it I am more impressed by how something so simple could taste so good! Since this recipe uses a crock pot, you can prepare everything in the late morning, go about your day and when you come home (to a very fragrant house), the meat is ready to be served.


Note: Tony did the dirty work of touching the raw meat. I can't really stomach that quite yet.

I found this particular recipe here, after a quick Google search of "pot roast recipes." I had to change the recipe a little bit, as it was far too much food for just two people to eat, even taking into consideration leftovers.


Yay, more icky, raw meat pictures!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Makes 4-6 Servings

Ingredients:

1 beef roast, about 2 lbs
1/2 packet of Italian dressing mix
1/2 packet of ranch dressing mix
1/2 packet of turkey gravy mix
1/2 cup water

Procedure:

1. Place the roast in the crock pot, ensuring that the most surface area is in contact with the bottom of the crock pot.

2. Mix the dry ingredients, then add the water and whisk briefly, until there are few lumps. Pour over the roast.

3. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. The meat will be tender "fall apart" when it is done. Allow the meat to rest a few minutes on the cutting board, then pull apart with forks and enjoy!




Happy Easter! He is Risen!

Side Note: My mom and I both cooked this dish for Easter supper this year, as a way to be "together" while still being 2,000 miles apart. I think we've started a fun tradition!

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs