Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rice Crispy Treats



One of my favorite desserts/snacks growing up was homemade rice crispy treats. My mom always made them around valentines day, and whenever I needed to bring a treat to school at the last minute, i.e. the night before said treat was needed "Oh yeah, mom...I need to bring a snack tomorrow..."

Heh. Yeah, I was that kid.

These treats are incredibly simple to make, and enjoyed by most anyone (who doesn't love the crackling, marshmallow-y goodness of a rice crispy treat?).

Ingredients:

2 Tbs Margarine or Butter
40 giant marshmallows (or 4 cups miniature marshmallows)
6 cups crispy rice cereal


Procedure:

1. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan (I actually used a soup pot) over low heat. Add the marshmallows, heat and stir until melted.


2. Removing the gooey mixture from the heat, quickly stir in the crispy rice cereal, fully incorporating.


3. Spread into a 9"x13" baking pan coated with cooking spray. Press the mixture down until even by spraying a rubber spatula with cooking spray.

4. Be creative! My mom always put cinnamon red hots on our rice crispy treats, but I imagine a quick google search will give you many other interesting ideas individualize your treats. :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs